The health and safety of our guests and employees remains our priority. Our operations include new policies and guidelines that align with recommendations from local, regional and national health officials. We will continue to monitor agency recommendations for best practices and adjust our operating procedures accordingly.
We ask that our guests respect and adhere to these guidelines so that we may all continue to enjoy spending time at our properties and at Lake Tahoe.
Before embarking on adventures to North Lake Tahoe, check out information relating to visitation during the COVID-19 pandemic and how to travel to the region safely and responsibly. You’ll find a detailed Know Before You Go Informational Guide including California and Nevada resource links, frequently asked questions, COVID-19 friendly activity suggestions and more.
Launching & Boat Access
- All boaters (dry rack and buoy customers) must reserve a “launch time” or “buoy boat time” in advance through the Marina’s new BoatCloud reservation system prior to arrival. See below for additional details regarding BoatCloud.
- Dry rack launches and buoy customer buoy boat rides will be staggered. All times available are found through the BoatCloud online reservation system. More information can be found here.
- Buoy Boat Requests
- The valet buoy boat will only transport a maximum of 4 (four) customers from the same party at a time. If the party is larger than four people we will only transport the captain to the boat and they will need to pick up the remainder of the party in the Marina harbor. No shared rides between guests of a different party. The rest of the party must remain in the ‘Welcome Area’ until the boat and captain are at the dock with the boat – then the rest of the group can proceed to load the boat.
- When ready for a pick-up to return to shore there are four ways to alert our staff:
- You update your reservation status through the BoatCloud app that your vessel is “ready to stow”
- Call the storage or service office phone
- Drive by the gas dock on your way back to the buoy and alert staff you are ready
- Send an email to storage or service email account
- Complimentary Rowboats
- Complimentary rowboats will continue to be available for buoy field customers for before and after-hours boat access.
- As always, we ask that if you use a rowboat you return it to the shore so others can use it as well.
- Alternative Access
- Customers who prefer to access their boat buoys via swimming or alternative methods are required to make a BoatCloud reservation if they plan on picking up the rest of their group from the Marina’s dock.
- Alongside typical boating accessories including towels, hats and sunglasses, we recommend that guests prepare a “to go” bucket or easily accessible bag of hand sanitizer, wipes and face masks.
- All guests are advised to apply sunscreen before leaving the house, and do not share sunscreen with anyone outside of your home.
- The West Shore Café is offering indoor and outdoor dining and takeout food options. We encourage you to visit their website for more information on their schedule and offerings.
- Marina guests are encouraged to park at Homewood Mountain Resort parking Lot #6, the south side of the lodge. Homewood is located at 5145 West Lake Blvd., directly across the street from the Marina.
- Loading and unloading are available at the Fawn street entrance to the Marina. No long-term parking is available in the Marina lot.
- Public street parking along Highway 89 and side streets is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive prior to your launch time to allow time to park, gather your things, and walk to the ‘Welcome Area’ to be on time for your scheduled launch.
- Upon arriving at the marina you will be greeted at the top of the driveway by our Marina host. Our host can direct you to a ‘Welcome Area” while you wait for your boat to be ready, provide information on new policies and procedures, and walk you through any questions you might have.
- Late arrivals
- Guests who are 10 minutes late or more will lose their reservation spot and will need to rebook the next available time through BoatCloud.
- All guests are asked to queue in a designated staging area or ‘Welcome Area’ in the Marina parking lot off Fawn Street. Do not go down to the harbor until you are instructed to do so. Marina staff will notify you when the dock is clear of previous guests and your boat/buoy boat is ready.
- All guests must use the designated crosswalk to cross Highway 89.
Marina customer restrooms are available for use if needed and are located under the awning on the south side of the Marina building that faces Hwy 89. Restrooms are also available at Homewood Mfountain Resort’s North Lodge. Restrooms at the West Shore Café are not permitted for Marina guest use. The upstairs restrooms at the marina are for employees only.
Tahoe Boat Inspections
For the latest information regarding boat inspection availability check the Tahoe Boat Inspection website here.
- Launch: All launch requests must be made through the BoatCloud App. You will be notified by text alert or staff that the dock is clear and your vessel is ready to board and shove off.
- Haul-out: All haul-out requests must be made through the BoatCloud App by selecting the “ready to stow” option. Dry storage customers must be ready to stow, and boat side tied in the harbor 15-minutes prior to close to allow time for the boat to be hauled out the same day.
- All confirmed i.e. paid in full, future customers will receive an email with BoatCloud login information.
- Launch: If you require an initial launch of the boat from the trailer, please indicate this in the notes field of the launch request and allow for additional time to accommodate this request. Please make sure you have an intact ‘Tahoe Only’ seal before you arrive.
- Haul-out: If you require a final haul-out of the boat to the trailer, please indicate this in the notes field of the launch request and allow for additional time to accommodate this request. Please also make sure you indicate if you would like to have a ‘Tahoe Only’ seal placed on the boat before you depart.
In an effort to better serve our valued storage customers, the Homewood High & Dry Marina has implemented the latest reservation technology available to marinas. The “BoatCloud” system is 100% web-based and touchless, allowing storage customers the ability to manage their boat movements from the convenience of any web-enabled device, including a mobile app for your smartphone.
The new BoatCloud system provides a way for our staff and guests to stay safe and adhere to social distancing products. This new system will require guests to make a reservation time for their boat launch, resulting in fewer guests being on-site by staggering boat launch times. We will not be accepting boat launch requests on-site.
All Marina storage customers, both buoy and dry rack, can access BoatCloud from any browser or through the free mobile app. Each customer can make reservations up to 30 days in advance, with little as 30 minutes lead time, and can have 4 reservations in the system at one time.
Homewood High & Dry Marina staff will trigger emails to each customer that will provide a link to set your password to access your account. Please watch for this email and follow the link to set your password before attempting to login. Please our website to access additional training videos and links.